Pure C3 editorial conjecture coming your way.....
At this point in the Copenhagen proceedings, there would seem to be absolutely no benefit for China, India and Russia to continue to kowtow to Europe or the U.S. any longer on the over-hyped climate change issues. These three countries are....
now clearly aware of the gigantic level of
scientific fraud, corruption and political/economic manipulation that's been exposed
by the Climategate information. Combine the IPCC scandal implications with the COP15
Copenhagen fiasco, and it provides Russia, China and India a huge opening to
leverage off, if they work together, to establish world leadership in a vacuum
created by the hapless UN, U.S. and EU politicians of the Western world.
1. Totally pull out of COP15 Copenhagen conference, 100%. But don't do it until Obama's in ‘Air Farce One’ heading towards Copenhagen. (Might as well give the guy a good head slap to get his attention.)
2. Announce that the withdrawal from Copenhagen climate talks is due to the recently exposed scientific fraud that has taken place within the Western world's major climatic centers. Stress that policy and trust can't be based on scientific deceit.
3. Announce total withdrawal from any further cooperation with the UN's IPCC since it is no longer an unbiased scientific group, and has condoned and/or supported much of the climate science fraud for political purposes. Political purposes that are designed to inhibit the economic growth of their countries.
4. Announce that China, India and Russia are jointly going to establish a new climate research center that will review the present AGW science as it presently exists, plus initiate serious research into non-CO2 factors that heavily influence climate change. This announcement would also stress the immediate need to study the near term potential of global cooling that the Western countries have been unwilling to do.
5. Announce a joint effort to immediately tackle a major pollution problem, black carbon (soot), that appears explain up to 50% of past recent global warming and also causes a huge amount of health issues in impoverished countries, which the UN and Western countries have ignored due to their CO2 emissions fixation.
6. Announce a joint effort to develop a safe nuclear energy and clean-coal solutions that ever smaller nations can take advantage of in the near future.
What would be the response from other major countries? Certainly
a lot of whining, huffing and puffing can be expected but not much else.
Exactly what could the U.S. or EU do if these three up-and-coming countries
took control of the entire climate change issue and their national destinies?
Yep, that's right. Nada.
What would be the benefit to the three countries taking these actions? For one, avoiding the objective of the Western governments asserting "global governance" over the three countries’ natural sovereign rights. Plus, by assuring that their economic growth and low cost energy use will not be impaired, these three countries can proceed to raise many of their own citizens out of poverty. Third, by establishing that the previous world order no longer works, and is not only bankrupt, but has become corrupt as well, the three countries peacefully become center stage by offering real, valuable solutions and answers.
The benefits of taking such bold actions are unambiguous for the three. The downside is a tongue lashing by Hillary, or some UK bureaucrat, and the hand wringing of the Western press. Actually, a pretty acceptable downside, all things considered. The benefit to the climate? Well, the climate science is now really, really far from being “settled” and the first order of business is determining what actually is happening in terms of man's influence on the climate. A joint, transparent effort by Russian, Chinese and Indian scientists would be welcomed from the world’s populace. That concerted scientific effort will save the climate from humans doing any further damage from proposed major public policies that are based on past science fraud.
Will the above happen? No, probably not. But because of the incredible gross mismanagement and huge greed of Western authorities on the climate issue, the opportunity is now there for China, India and Russia to establish a new world order rather peacefully.