Read here and here. So far, 2011 has produced a number of disastrous events including: extreme cold and snow, earthquakes, tsunamis, radiation releases, floods, fires, rainstorms and tornadoes. Recently, this has led the IPCC's big-guns, the ones who provided us with Climategate and put climate science into such deep disrepute, to opine that human CO2 and global warming are to blame for these severe weather events and other 2011 calamities.
In the realm of nature and Earth's climate though, a lot of really bad stuff happens and humans are not the cause of it. Take 1878/1879 for example - below are samples of what the newspapers and etc. reported those years. Be thankful it's not the 1878/1879 period, or many other really bad years.
- 1878: Southern England Suffers Rare Tornado, Followed By Snow
- 1878: Winter In England Is 5.4 Degrees Colder Than Average
- 1878: Devastating Hurricane Strikes Tahiti
- 1878: Terrible Australian Drought Followed By Disastrous Floods
- 1878: Ceylon Hit By Multiple Floods Causing Great Property Damage
- 1878: Indian Ocean Cyclone Wipes Bourbon Island Clean
- 1878: Immense Floods Overwhelm Sacramento, California Region
- 1878: Great Floods In England's Thames Valley
- 1878: Hundreds Lost At Sea During Bay of Biscay, Spain Hurricane
- 1878: Wisconsin Tornado Hits Multiple Rural Towns, 30 People Killed
- 1878: France Experiences Large Floods
- 1878: Three Year Massive Drought & Famine Ends In India
- 1878: Officially announced that 7,000,000 persons have died of “famine in China.”
- 1878: Brooklyn, NY Has Malaria Outbreak
- 1878: Hurricane & Two Waterspouts Bash Canton, China
- 1878: Eleven Days of Extreme Hot Temperatures Torch America's Midwest
- 1878: Southern Morocco Droughts Turns Populace Into "Living Skeletons"
- 1878: Hailstorm In Austria Wrecks Crops, Hailstones Unusually Large
- 1878: Severe Thunderstorms & Hailstorms Thrash Switzerland - Fires and Floods Result
- 1878: Prolonged Drought In South Africa Threatens Disastrous Famine
- 1878: Terrible Gale Strikes England's Coast, 400 Out of 500 Fishing Boats Lost
- 1879: 70 Million Chinese People Starving From “2 centuries of climatic change almost without a parallel”
- 1879: Account – Destructive Earthquakes Hit Japan Every Ten Years
- 1879: 165 MPH Winds Pummel North Carolina
- 1879: Half A Million Dead In Brazil From Drought, Starvation And Pestilence
Michael Mann, Gavin Schmidt and Kevin Trenberth are individuals who will use any disaterous event, regardless of the science and empirical evidence, to bolster the fortunes of their failed AGW hypothesis. Unfortunately for these IPCC "scientists", history is replete with years of disasterous events prior to large human CO2 emissions. And every year, more and more of the global public recognizes that the truth is different than what Mann, Schmidt and Trenberth claim.
Additional severe-weather postings.
Corrections made: Year should have been 1878 for most events, instead of 1879. Thanks to reader Toby for that catch.