Read here. (h/t Tom Nelson) The left's radical green group, Greenpeace, has been wildly successful at raising monies from a terrorized public and the rube politicians that populate the corridors of power in Washington D.C. Greenpeace learned long ago that the spigot of money just keeps on flowing as long as catastrophic doom and gloom scenarios are popularized, such as global warming and climate change.
Principled people have left Greenpeace because of the never-ending money grub via its favored non-scientific, catastrophe-hysteria. Even so, since 1994, Greenpeace has been at the forefront of using typical bad weather events as sure signs that the "green gods" are in the process of catastrophic revenge due to man's prosperity.
"In the 1994 Greenpeace released a publication called “The Climate Time Bomb Catalogue”. In it they state categorically that the burning of fossil fuels will cause all kinds of disasters. As you will see, all of these “disasters” and “unprecedented” weather events are not new and have occurred many times in the near and distant past. The Climate Time Bomb predictions of the awful consequences of global warming have failed. Even in light of these failures organizations like Greenpeace, the Sierra Club, the National Resources Defense Council and many others continue to pump out scary storm stories, animal extinction dramas and dangerous sea level rise predictions. They rely on people’s ignorance of historical weather events to sell their predictions of doom. What you will find as you read on is that nearly 20 years ago, environmentalists were using exactly the same propaganda scare stories we hear today. As Joseph Goebbels said “It (in this case the environmental movement) must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over”."
In reality, bad weather events are a natural consequence of our chaotic climate system - it has nothing to do with CO2 emissions or civilization's prosperity. For example, the year 1878 (additional bad weather events):
- 1878: Officially announced that 7,000,000 persons have died of “famine in China.”
- 1878: Three Year Massive Drought & Famine Ends In India
- 1878: Southern Morocco Droughts Turns Populace Into "Living Skeletons"
- 1878: Prolonged Drought In South Africa Threatens Disastrous Famine
- 1878: Eleven Days of Extreme Hot Temperatures Torch America's Midwest
- 1878: Malaria Outbreak In Brooklyn, NY
- 1878: Winter In England Is 5.4 Degrees Colder Than Average
- 1878: Devastating Hurricane Strikes Tahiti
- 1878: Terrible Australian Drought Followed By Disastrous Floods
- 1878: Southern England Suffers Tornado, Followed By Snow
- 1878: Ceylon Hit By Multiple Floods Causing Great Property Damage
- 1878: Indian Ocean Cyclone Wipes Bourbon Island Clean
- 1878: Hundreds Lost At Sea During Bay of Biscay, Spain Hurricane
- 1878: Wisconsin Tornado Hits Multiple Rural Towns, 30 People Killed
- 1878: Tornado In Connecticut Kills 30
- 1878: France Suffers From Large Floods
- 1878: Immense Floods Overwhelm Sacramento, California Region
- 1878: Hurricane & Two Waterspouts Bash Canton, China
- 1878: Hailstorm In Austria Wrecks Crops, Hailstones Unusually Large
- 1878: Severe Thunderstorms & Hailstorms Thrash Switzerland - Fires and Floods Result
Next time you hear a Greenpeace cultist proclaim that a snowstorm or flood or tornado or heat wave or other naturally occuring bad weather incident is a result of human-caused global warming, you'll know you are in the presence of a lying, shakedown artist of climate alarmism.