The global warming science facts are, more often than not, very inconvenient for climate doomsday scientists and CAGW alarmists - despite their arguments that accelerating monthly changes in CO2 levels are causing rapid warming, the latest NOAA / NCDC data prove otherwise
(click on chart to enlarge)
The adjacent chart is a plot of the NOAA/NCDC global temperatures dataset (monthly anomalies) since April 1958; and a plot of monthly atmospheric CO2 level changes since 1958. [Note: The April 1958 start point for both datasets was chosen since it is the first month a 'monthly change' of the Hawaii instrument atmospheric CO2 readings can be calculated.]
Some obvious observations based on the chart:
1. Global warming, per NOAA, became dominant around year 1977.
2. Global warming, per NOAA, has stalled over the last 15 years - warming appears to have stabilized since the 1997-98 super El Nino event.
3. Global warming, per NOAA, has morphed to a very slight cooling in recent years - see chart's blue (5-yr mean) curve.
4. Monthly atmospheric CO2 level changes, since 1958, are remarkably stable - see chart's black (5-yr mean) curve. [Note: CO2 level changes scaled by factor of 0.2, which does not affect the slope of the black curve]
5. The well documented and much analyzed PDO shift took place approximately during 1976-1977 period, which is also the period when NOAA global temp anomalies started to increase ('warming').
Conclusions: Despite massive human CO2 emissions being injected into the atmosphere since 1958, the monthly changes of atmospheric CO2 levels are not accelerating - essentially monthly changes remain within a narrow band. Yet the acceleration of human CO2 emissions continues: for the 15-years ending 1976, approximately 230 gigatons of human CO2 emissions were released, versus the 430 gigatons released for the 15-year period ending 2011.
The above chart clearly shows that monthly CO2 level changes have no impact on temperatures. It clearly shows that global warming over the last 180 months (15 years) has disappeared. It clearly shows that the timing of the natural PDO shift to its warming phase better accounts for the subsequent global warming than human CO2 emissions.
The NOAA global temperatures monthly anomalies and monthly CO2 level changes do not support the AGW hypothesis - those are the global warming science facts.
[Note: Monthly CO2 level changes scaled by factor of 0.2 - this allowed for a clearer depiction of temperature anomalies that otherwise would have been overlapped by CO2 changes, if not scaled.]