Doomsday climate scientists and alarmists state that CO2 causes "accelerating" global warming and it is the globe's "thermostat" - the actual NOAA temperature dataset debunks those anti-science claims
(click on image to enlarge)
The IPCC's climate doomsday science has claimed that human CO2 emissions are causing long-term, rapid global warming. It is also suggested by alarmist scientists that CO2 is the world's thermostat, which can control global temperature changes.
However, as the adjacent plot of long-term global temperature change reveals, the IPCC's conclusions do not comport with the empirical evidence. From this chart of NOAA data, the following can be surmised:
- 1. Atmospheric CO2 levels have indeed increased rapidly (see black curve)
- 2. Twenty year changes in global temperatures, as represented by the NOAA data, have a long-term pattern of moving from cooling to warming to cooling modes, regardless of CO2 levels
- 3. Recent changes in global temperatures indicates they are in the cooling mode, not "accelerating" up (see blue curve), despite the vast increase in human CO2 emissions over the last two decades
- 4. Per the data, the long-term global warming trend is barely a +0.2C degree by year 2100 - that's one-fifth of a degree
- 5. There is absolutely zippo evidence that CO2 acts as a "thermostat" - the bogus thermostat claim is a galactic-sized black hole of anti-science nonsense
Note: The above chart plots the 20-year (240-month change) in NOAA global temperatures. For example, the plot's datapoint for June 2012 is the difference between the actual June 2012 anomaly and the actual June 1992 anomaly.