An analysis of IPCC's gold-standard HadCRUT surface temperature dataset not only confirms that global warming is AWOL but is morphing towards a dangerous global cooling trend - the climate research empirical evidence is unequivocal.....over the last decade the current global cooling trend accelerated to its largest 10-year rate during the modern era
(click on chart to enlarge, data sources)
The accompanying chart is a plot of the moving 10-year trend of the HadCRUT4 global temperature dataset - the gold-standard dataset that the IPCC uses. In addition, the 5-year average of human CO2 emission tons is plotted, depicted by the grey 3rd order polynomial fitted trend curve.
The HadCRUT4 dataset plot is based on the last 30 years (360 months) of global surface temperature anomalies through June 2013; the CO2 emission plot uses the annual CO2 emission data (starting in 1983 and ending 2012).
The essential facts of this gold-standard empirical evidence?
1. Previous global warming has disappeared (i.e. stalled, paused, terminated and etc.)
2. Using 10-year trends, there has been no extended acceleration of warming since the late 1990s
3. The greatest 10-year acceleration of global warming took place during the early 1980's (well before the massive CO2 emissions of the 1990s and 2000s)
4. Global warming deceleration has existed since the early 2000s
5. The 10-year trend of temperatures has changed to the first significant cooling trend over the last 30 years - it is unequivocal, as of June 2013
6. Human CO2 emissions do not force global temperatures to rise faster (i.e. accelerate to ever higher rates) - note the widely diverging fitted trend curves for both CO2 emissions and global surface temperatures
7. Rapid, dangerous, irrefutable, undeniable, unprecedented, incontrovertible, irreversible and accelerating global warming does not exist, in any form or manner
Note1: Chart's plots and trends produced using Excel. The y-axis of chart represents the rolling 10-year growth trend of temperature anomalies, not the the actual temperature anomalies - it's a plot of per century acceleration/deceleration rates.
Note2: The highest 10yr trend on the chart occurs December 1983 (for the 120 months stretching from January 1974 to Dec. 1983). The lowest 10yr trend on chart is June 2013 (for the 120 months stretching from July 2003 to June 2013 - a cooling trend of -0.53 degrees per century).