The 2016 Trump election landslide and Republican down ticket success indicate a strong possibility of a return to common sense and honesty in climate science, as well as a massive voter rejection of Democrats’ climate fear-mongering ... catastrophic global warming skeptics should rejoice......
The popular mandate that Obama and Democrats assumed they had from the American public has been shattered, with a top-to-bottom landslide of the GOP 2016 election victories.
This election, and the cumulative effect of prior ones, has decimated the once major party across the country. They have been reduced to finger-pointing recriminations and internal threats to Democrat cohesion.
They no longer have a supposed mandate, let alone majority voter support, for any of their U.S. national policies, including the recent unilateral climate change regulations and associated anti-growth policies issued/authorized by Democrat politicians.
The 2016 election numbers speak for themselves regarding the decimated state of Democrats and the resurgent GOP:
- If the Hillary Clinton popular vote is the proxy for supporting Democrat proposed climate change solutions, then 52% percent of U.S. voters cast their ballot against her1.
- If the Hillary Clinton states-won is the proxy for 'green' climate change solutions, then at least 60% of the states voted against her2.
- If the Hillary Clinton counties-won is the proxy for support of progressive climate change solutions, then 84% of state counties voted against her3/*.
- If the Hillary Clinton suburbs-won is the proxy for supporting Democrat proposed climate change solutions, then 75% voted against her4.
- If the Hillary Clinton medium cities-won is the proxy for supporting left-liberal proposed climate change solutions, then 75% voted against her4.
- If the Hillary Clinton small cities-won is the proxy for supporting Democrat proposed climate change solutions, then 85% voted against her4.
- If the Hillary Clinton rural areas-won is the proxy for supporting Democrats' 'green' proposed climate change solutions, then 90% voted against her4.
- If the number of Democrat House Representatives is the proxy for Democrat climate change solutions, they received 3.7 million less votes than their GOP opponents5, which resulted in the Dems winning less than 45% of House seats5.
- If the number of Democrat senators is the proxy for Democrat left-wing climate change solutions, they remain less than 50% of the Senate's makeup6.
- If the number of Democrat governors is the proxy for Democrat climate change solutions, they now only occupy 30% of the state mansions7.
- If the number of Democrat majority state legislatures is the proxy for Democrat green-progressive climate change solutions, they now only control 31% of these chambers8.
Based on all the above datapoints, combined with the election map's visual representation, Trump and the GOP totally destroyed any mandate and power base that Democrats once possessed, besides laying waste to Hillary Clinton's presidential aspirations.
The 2016 election outcome significantly reduced the impact of Democrat office holders across the entire country, but with a single exception - the Democrat one-party rule in U.S. major urban centers.
Election results from 2016 do show that Hillary Clinton and the Democrats continue their decades-long dominance (and mismanagement) of the modern urban-plantation areas. These metro geographic area characteristics include: high levels of poverty, huge young person unemployment, significant welfare dependence, massive violent crime outcomes, substantial illegal immigrant populations, and just plain, awful, lousy education performance.
Clinton won 90%4 of this metro constituency (note: these voters really don't care about climate change or honest science - understandably, they just want to simply survive their concrete hellholes on a day-to-day basis).
In contrast to Clinton's urban strongholds, Trump won the entire country with 306 electoral votes9, which clearly indicates his geographical diversity and dominance.
Looked at another way, on Nov. 8, 2016, there were 51 popular elections held (the 50 states, plus the District of Columbia); and Trump won 319 of those popular elections.
Going even more granular, each county in the country held a popular-vote presidential election and Trump won 2,633* of those county elections, while Clinton only won 487* counties.
Unequivocally, there exists an overwhelming and diversified geographic domination by Trump and the GOP - it represents a solid, country-wide mandate.
And all of the above represents a clear refutation of the post-election urban millennial temper tantrums that have produced dangerous, destructive riots plaguing the remaining one-party strongholds of Democrats. In addition, the country-wide success of the GOP and Trump on election day is also clear refutation of Hollywood's and Silicon Valley's wealthy safe-space temper tantrums.
Finally, the left/liberals who thought Hillary Clinton would win in a "landslide" were demanding that Republicans and Trump voters support country unity with the inevitable Hillary win. Yet with roles now reversed, the Democrats choose to promote country disunity by their attempts to reverse the substantial Trump electoral and geographic election wins.
While the Democrat progressive post-election meltdown continues over their massive election loss, GOP leadership needs to immediately focus their own re-energized strength on quickly reversing the economic/business damage that the UN, Obama and the EPA imposed in the name of global warming and climate change.
And with the backing of a strong voter mandate, Republican leaders should absolutely ignore any and all pleas of their Democrat counterparts for climate/energy policy compromise - ahem.....let's hope the stupid party does not fall for that scam again.
Paraphrasing the great words of the legacy-less Obama - "we won," now shut up and enjoy our fossil fuel independence, security and economic growth.
*USA Today and Wikipedia were used in combination to ascertain how many total U.S. counties (including parishes, and counting Alaska as a single county since it is not divided into the familiar county structure). For example, here are the respective links (USA Today and Wikipedia) used for Alabama counties - each state has its own link within these two web publications that list their counties info.
Note: Long-term modest global warming has taken place since the Little Ice Age ending; climate change has been a constant since the beginning of Earth's climate(s) and will continue to take place regardless of human activities.