A year after the huge Japanese earthquake and tsunami, the AGW alarmists are suggesting man-made global warming and earthquakes are linked - first question: what global warming?
Read here. As the adjacent chart shows, any global warming that has occurred over the last 30 years has been insignificant (an absolute 9/100's of a degree insignificant - basically "zero"). And over the last 10 years, a definite cooling has taken place, not global warming, despite the obvious increase of CO2 levels from human emissions.
The suggestion that man-made global warming and earthquakes are scientifically linked is meritless due to lack of the recent "warming" empirical evidence.
As an aside, this chart is an updated version of one we did right after last year's earthquake/tsunami event. Yesterday, we received an email from a self identified man-of-the-cloth who admitted to being confused about global warming and asked us to respond to an accusation made by a green-pagan-fantasy oriented site (Yo padre, you're seriously confused, and not just about the AGW theory).
Scroll down the right side of the pagan's site and you'll find last year's 'C3' chart displayed - click on on it to read the "accusation." [Note: The "accusation" was made over a year ago.]
The proprietor of the pagan site stated that last year's chart was an accurate representation of the data but that it was "cherry-picked" - paraphrasing John McEnroe, "cherry picked," you cannot be serious?
- We used the latest data available at the time (February 2011 satellite data)
- We plotted six different time periods (some exhibiting cooling, others warming)
- We revealed to our readers the absolute temperature change of anomalies for short, medium and long-term spans, which alarmists always fail to do
If this is "cherry-picking" in the padre's mind then God help him, so to speak.
Now, if the good padre has an open and inquisitive mind that actually goes beyond an infatuation with paganism and fantasy, he should visit the following four 'C3' pages, which represent the antithesis of cherry picking.
Literally, a 'C3' cornucopia of empirical climate science data displayed that will help the padre find answers to the never-ending climate spiritual needs of his flock:
- Are modern global warming temperatures accelerating?
- Are modern global warming temperatures unprecedented?
- Are modern global warming temperatures unequivocal?
- Are modern global warming temperatures really "global"?